Saturday, June 18, 2016

Wildflowers along the Bow River Trail

More rain today so we just hiked the Hoodoos to Surprise Corner trail, along the Bow River, and then back up the Tunnel Mountain Road.

Along the way we enjoyed the wildflower variety and display. For most of the flowers I don't have an identification.




We stopped for lunch just shy of Surprise Corner. It began to rain as we were eating but I used my plastic sandwich holder to cover my legs so they wouldn't get wet.

Our lunch view - a tributary of the Bow River in the foreground.

After lunch we walked back to the campground along Tunnel Mountain Road. In a stretch of about 20 yards I took the following pictures of a variety of wildflowers.







Today's hike:
Length - 6.63 miles
Duration - 3 hours, 14 minutes (including lunch)
Elevation gain - 720 feet (73 floors on the Fitbit)


No comments:

Post a Comment