Sunday, May 1, 2016

A long, upward grade

We have reached Denver, well, technically Wheat Ridge, a suburb where we are staying at the Prospect RV park.

We left I-80 shortly after we crossed into the mountain time zone in Nebraska and began the long grade up to the Mile High City on I-76. I made a loaf of bread yesterday evening so I didn't have to alter the percentage of yeast. From now on, we'll be doing high altitude baking which is surprisingly different from what I am used to at sea level.

While there was minimal rain/snow today, there was plenty along the sides of the road. This highway sign on I-76 says -  ICY CONDITIONS  SLOWER SPEED ADVISED.

Nice shelter at a roadside rest stop.


Yes, we're in the west!

Snow along the roadside.

When we pulled into our site, #1, we noticed some carrots on the ground. Very shortly the carrot-eater returned...

soon followed by a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment