Tuesday, May 10, 2016

New accessory

We had about an hour break today and took advantage of the free time to see what else is in the neighborhood.

Just behind the hospital is this lovely neighborhood. Tulips and iris are blooming and everything is turning green. But I guess today there was a fairly common experience - the sun was shining when we returned to the hospital, but within 15 minutes it was raining and hailing.


We passed a Denver Fire Station and noticed that the trucks are colored white. With all the snow Denver gets you would think that red would be a better choice. They are rather elegant, though.

Day five at Jewish National Health

We began with a 30 minute consultation with Jennifer Faber-Gerling, NP, and discussed the results of tests and upcoming procedures.

Next we met with a Nutritionist and discussed weight management and foods to limit or avoid with gastroesophageal reflux. As Frederick said, the list of foods looks like our menu. Following the Nutritionist, Inhalation Therapists introduced me to a nebulizer that I will use with a saline solution and the Aerobika to help with housecleaning of the bronchial tubes.

The penultimate experience today was the highlight of the day, insertion of a small tube into my esophagus for a impedance and pH study that will identify if I have increased amounts of reflux that I might aspirate into my lungs.

Better than a nose ring! I am holding the recording box that has buttons that I push when I cough, eat  and change position from upright to laying down. The tube is removed after 22 hours and I am told that no one is late for that appointment.

Finally, we met with an in-house psychiatrist to discuss issues surrounding the management of a chronic disease. Very supportive.






1 comment:

  1. Now that's a picture I didn't expect. I like your friend. Can you see on the screen what's going on? Is it a camera?

    ReplyDelete