Thursday, October 16, 2014

What are the odds??!!

This time it really is good-bye to Canada, at least for the next few months. Western Ontario was beautiful this morning and the drive was one amazing scene after another.

Beautiful scenery in western Ontario.

 We crossed the boarder into the U.S. at Sarnia, Ontario/Port Huron, Michigan, across the Blue River Bridge. Passing through Customs was fairly uneventful, they didn't even take our tomatoes.

A great symbol of being back in the U.S.

Handsome farm in Michigan.

The foliage is just at peak in this part of Michigan.

Twenty-five miles into Michigan we stopped at the Richmond Rest Area. As is usual at Rest Stops, there is truck/RV parking on one side, and car parking on the other. We were just leaving by the back door when I saw a tree that I thought would make a nice picture on the car side. Just outside the door was a man checking his cell phone. When he looked up as I came through the door, I recognized him as...

 my nephew, Paul. He recognized me at the same time and we gave each other a big hug. What are the odds of such a chance meeting? Paul lives in St. Clair, about fifteen miles from the rest stop and he was on his way to a job he is working on and just happened to stop at this rest area.  

We had a nice visit in the Airstream before we both went on our way. 
Can you tell we are in Michigan with the car hauler next to the Airstream? What you can't see is that there are two more car haulers on the other side.

Our first stop in Michigan is a visit to my sister in Rochester Hills. There is a campground only about 15 miles from her house but when I called there were no vacancies because this is their last open weekend and they are celebrating with a Halloween "Boo Bash", and they were all booked up. We found another at Pontiac Lakes Recreation Area, a Michigan State Park. 

I'm sure in the coming days I'll have more of these beautiful pictures because the foliage in the park is eye-popping.


This campground has 176 sites but less than 10 are occupied. Here is the Airstream in lovely surroundings.

We visited my sister for dinner. She made this delicious spinach lasagna with a garden salad. Solid food!!! We also had chocolate zucchini cake for dessert. Yum!!!

Rose and Ralph, my sister and brother-in-law.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing coincidence to run into your nephew!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi to all the Bartz/Jones family. Miss you all, I'm glad you got to experience a Rhode Island moment again.

    ReplyDelete