Friday, June 27, 2014

Providence

Providence, Rhode Island, was where we were for a good part of today.  We had some appointments and took the opportunity of being in the area to visit Sam's Club and Stop & Shop in Seekonk.  We got a number of items, that we will store in the back of the car, for our trip to Canada.  I shouldn't feel this way, but I'm stocking up as if I think Canada doesn't have raisins or salad dressing.  I stopped myself from buying potatoes because I feel fairly certain that we will be able to find potatoes, for our soup, in Canada.  I did get some ground turkey and Italian sausage and put it in the freezer and I have about 12 quarts of chicken broth, the foundation of all our soups, stored in the car.

Nothing much of note to take pictures of today.  What follows are some pictures of Providence that Frederick took out of the car window.

Cathedral of Saints Peter and Paul.

One segment of the huge Providence Place Mall.

Westin Hotel on the left and the Westin Residences on the right.

Saints Sahag and Mesrob Armenian Church.

Part of the U-Haul building where we rented a truck for the move of our remaining stuff to Kathryn's basement.

No comments:

Post a Comment