Saturday, June 14, 2014

Engagement ring

After getting the laundry done this morning, it was off, back to Providence.  Back in March, as we were preparing to go to Canada to pick up our Airstream,  Kathryn noticed that a stone was missing from my engagement ring.  I immediately took it off and for the past three plus months I have been waiting for a chance to get it repaired.  We have been going to a jeweler in East Providence for number of years, so while we are in the area, we took the ring in for repair. This morning we received a call to tell  us that the ring was ready to be picked up.

I had an appointment to get my hair cut in Providence this afternoon, so we went first to pick up the ring and then to Christiaan's for a much needed hair trim.  It is so wonderful to have my ring back on my finger and and my hair back under some kind of control.

After picking up my ring, and before the hair cut, we had our lunch in Prospect Park which overlooks Providence.  


The best part of the day was after my hair cut when we drove to Barrington, to the Olenn's,  for dinner and conversation. It was relaxing and fun to be with these dear people, Renn and Mary and their pup, Lucky. Even though the day began overcast and humid, by this evening we were able to enjoy the Olenn's back screened porch and the view of the Providence River/Narragansett Bay which is just across their lawn.

A panorama view of the Providence River/Narragansett Bay from the Olenn's porch.  


2 comments:

  1. What a view from both prospect park and the Olenn's lawn. Glad your ring is back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to Rhode Island!

    ReplyDelete