Tuesday, February 3, 2015

On the road again

I was all ready to bring you up-to-date on what we have been doing since December 23 when I discovered that my pictures weren't transferring from the phone to the computer. Can't have a blog within pictures! I contacted Apple and the technicians there were able to straighten everything out. I had acquired the iPhone 6 just after Christmas and this was the first time I tried to transfer pictures and the iPone needed a little encouragement, which the technicians were able to provide. We now have pictures, but unfortunately it took almost three hours and so I have run out of time to provide you with the update. Maybe we'll be able to do that tomorrow.

For today, I'll just jump right in with our travels. We left Barrington this morning around 10:15 and passed through four states - Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York and Pennsylvania. The snow levels got less and less as we travelled, but the temperature has remained cold throughout the region.

We stopped for lunch in New York but decided to eat in the car rather than at one of the tables.

The rest area. As you can see, we had clear blue skies all day and the roads were, for the most part, clear and dry.

The BIG news today, though, has to do with my niece Fran and her husband Jon. Tonight, at about 8pm, they welcomed their first child, Benjamin, a healthy 7 lbs 4 oz. I'm sure my brother Jack, and his wife Cheryl, are so proud and happy - their first grandchild. Congratulations all around! 

Tonight we are in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania.



1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you're back on the road! I can't believe you decided to eat in the car instead of one of the picnic tables. What's a little snow!! One of our classmates, Donna Freehill Land and her husband Ed, have a B&B called Landhaven in Barto, PA.. Congrats to the new parents! Judy S.

    ReplyDelete