Friday, February 6, 2015

Getting close

A quick drive from Charlotte, NC, to Atlanta, GA, passing through South Carolina and into 50 degree temperatures with the sun still shining brightly (234 miles).  We are getting very excited because tomorrow we will be reunited with our Airstream in McDavid, FL. We have missed our snug, little home.


We were greeted at the Residence Inn in Atlanta with blooming flowers.

And I hear that there is more snow coming to New England!

Two days ago Cheryl Simmons sent me the sad news that our dear friend Donald Rohr had passed away. At 94, he had lived a rich full life and it was always a joy to hear his stories from World War II and the subsequent occupation of Germany. Erudite, he could converse on many subjects for hours at our Birthday Club celebrations. Our last conversation with him was the first Saturday, May 2014. He called to remind us that the Kentucky Derby was going to be run later in the afternoon and would we be able to watch it? He never failed to watch the Triple Crown of racing.

I'm including a picture of his obituary. I tried putting the obit in a document to upload to this blog, but I was told that I can only upload a picture or a video. So I took a picture of it.

Not very good, but here's the link -




1 comment: